Outer Reach Broadband is participating in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help bring financial relief to more Mainers.
What is the
Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a U.S. government program run by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to help low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices like a laptop or tablet. You are likely eligible if your household’s income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line, or if you or someone you live with currently receives a government benefit like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, WIC, Pell Grant, or Free and Reduced-Price Lunch.
If your household is eligible, you could receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer
(with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
- A low-cost service plan that may be fully covered through the ACP*
Video credit: affordableconnectivity.gov
* Through a separate non-FCC initiative. additional no-cost plans may be available to Affordable Connectivity Program enrollees. To learn more please visit GetInternet.gov. Provision of a link to this initiative does not imply FCC endorsement of any particular participating provider. Only one monthly service discount and one device discount are allowed per household. To receive the connected device discount, consumers need to enroll in the ACP with a participating provider that offers connected devices (Note: not all internet companies offer device discounts.) The internet company will provide the discount to the consumer.
Check if you Qualify
See if your household fits into any eligible categories. Learn more about what a household is and what the eligible categories are below.
Apply for the ACP
You can apply online, by mail, or by contacting your current internet company.
Scroll to see the other ways to apply.
Are you already enrolled in Lifeline?
You don’t need to apply again – click here to learn more.
Notify Internet Service Provider
Call or email to let us know that you have applied for the Affordability Connectivity Program.
The ACP helps to connect Tribal communities with an enhanced benefit for consumers living on Tribal Lands.
Households that qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and are located on Tribal Lands can receive: Up to $75/month discount on internet service, and a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 and less than 450.) Only one monthly service discount and one device discount are allowed per household. Program rules acknowledge there may be more than one eligible household residing at the same address.
Here to Help
Where Internet Service Meets Customer Service
We’re always here to help. Reach out to our customer service team if you have any questions.